The efforts of Cochrane contributors around the world continue to focus on COVID-19. Cochrane Australia is playing an active role in the National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce and continues to collaborate in international efforts to understand, contain and stop the spread of coronavirus.
Here’s a snapshot of this global work to date, along with helpful resources and initiatives now underway.
Cochrane COVID Special Collections:
- Evidence relevant to critical care - includes reviews identified relevant to the management of people hospitalised with severe acute respiratory infections.
- Infection control and prevention measures - includes reviews directly relevant to the prevention of infection.
- Regional anaesthesia to reduce drug use in anaesthesia and avoid aerosol generation - includes reviews directly relevant to support decision-making when planning regional anaesthesia.
- Remote care through telehealth - includes reviews that address using telehealth to support clinical management of conditions including asthma, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, dementia, reproductive health and skin cancer.
- Special Collection on optimising health in the home workspace - includes reviews focused on helping people stay healthy and well when they work from home.
- Support for wellbeing in the healthcare workforce - brings together evidence on interventions that may help support the wellbeing of the healthcare workforce and reduce occupational stress.
- Antibody tests for identification of current and past infection with SARS‐CoV‐2
- Barriers and facilitators to healthcare workers’ adherence with infection prevention and control (IPC) guidelines for respiratory infectious diseases
- Digital contact tracing technologies in epidemics: a rapid review
- Hand cleaning with ash for reducing the spread of viral and bacterial infections
- Interventions available during pandemics for heavy menstrual bleeding: an overview of Cochrane Reviews
- Oxygen targets in the intensive care unit during mechanical ventilation for acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Plasma from people who have recovered from COVID-19 to treat individuals with COVID-19
- Personal protective equipment for preventing highlighly infectious diseases due to exposure to contaminated body fluids in health care staff
- Psychological interventions to foster resilience in healthcare professionals
- Quarantine alone or in combination with other public health measures to control COVID‐19: a rapid review (visual abstract featured on the right)
- Rapid, point‐of‐care antigen and molecular‐based tests for diagnosis of SARS‐CoV‐2 infection
- Universal screening for people with COVID-19
- Care of pregnant women and their babies - Cochrane Pregnancy and Childbirt identify, collate and summarise national clinical practice guideline recommendations for key clinical questions.
- Cochrane Clinical Answers related to COVID-19 - clinically-focused, actionable answers to inform point-of-care decision-making for health professionals.
- Contraception and abortion - resources, guidance and advice statements from international organisations and societies.
- COVID-19 living evidence project - information on COVID trials and synthesized results, frequently updated by independent researchers with expertise in evidence synthesis.
- Dermatology - guidelines, evidence-based resources, and relevant patient information.
- ENT, Hearing and Balance - resources, guidance and advice statements from international organisations and societies.
- Fertility, and pregnancy - resources, guidance, and advice statements from international organisations and societies. Cochrane Gynaecology and Fertility is also maintaining a spreadsheet of published data on pregnancy and neonatal outcomes.
- Global ageing - guidelines and evidence relating to COVID-19 and older people.
- Gynaecological cancers or neuro-oncology - resources, guidance, and advice statements from international organisations and societies.
- Oral and dental care - relevant evidence, resources, guidance and advice statements from international organisations and societies.
- Rehabilitation's REH-COVER project- research focused on fundamental topics related to rehabilitation needs due to COVID-19.
- US COVID-19 Repository - research, resources and reports on COVID-19 and various medical and public health topics.
Initiatives currently underway:
- Cochrane COVID Review response - includes details on prioritising research questions and methods guidance.
- COVID Reviews database - view and search questions and information on reviews underway.
- COVID-19 Study Register - a one-stop shop for primary research studies related to COVID-19.
- COVID-19 living evidence project - information on COVID trials and synthesized results.
- Health care worker compliance to infection prevention and control guidance - evidence summary by Cochrane Effective Practice and Organizational of Care that looks at implementation considerations.
For more information and regular updates visit cochrane.org.